Saturday, March 28, 2009

it's your requisite end of March update.

Ahoy there, Squidblog followers!

I've been typically reticent in my updates (if any of you have followed other blogs of mine, you know I refuse to update when there's nothing going on). Classes have supposedly started in force, but I have yet to see concrete evidence of these claims. Perhaps next week things will formalize.

Technically speaking, I took a long look at my Vista form (that's my unofficial transcript for you non-UVa folks), taught myself how to use SIS, the new class signup system, and emailed my advisor. I'm signing up for classes on April 6th, and things here look like I will repatriate in June with enough credits to stay on track to graduate in May 2010 (if not enough to make the Dean of Arts and Sciences happy, but haven't I talked myself out of a tight credit spot before?).

Anyway, that news aside, here's some of my pictures from our trip a couple weekends ago to Geneva, Switzerland. Here we go.


Looking down the promenade of beautiful Lake Geneva.


It's like a duck, except completely different.


The jet d'eau or jet of water, with a gorgeous rainbow.


This is a clock in a flowerbed.


The giant chess sets in the park.


A shot across the lake at night.


Requisite artsy shot of curving traffic light / onion dome building.


Inside the Protestant cathedral -- I don't know the name for these delicately carved pulpits, but I think they're gorgeous.

Days until Lynch Fam Unit arrives: 6
Days until B. arrives: 15

[this is something I do on my other blog that I kind of enjoy]
reading: The Two Towers // J.R.R. Tolkien
listening to: Glamorous // Fergie (today I am thankful for Youtube.)

No comments:

Post a Comment